A Detailed NetSuite Dashboard Guide & FAQs For Beginners
NetSuite dashboards are one of the most integral components of NetSuite ERP. Having a properly configured NetSuite dashboard is imperative for each employee to be able to quickly navigate to the information that matters to them the most. The Oracle NetSuite dashboard provides managers and professionals quick and precise information which is imperative for maintaining business integrity.
If the dashboards are designed appropriately with the right NetSuite Training, they can the best tools for employees to stay motivated and focused on the priorities that lay ahead. While each employee’s dashboard would be different, there usually exist some common factors which are imperative to create highly effective dashboards. With these things in mind, let’s take a glance at the various aspects of the NetSuite dashboard.
What Is A NetSuite Dashboard?
A NetSuite dashboard is the first thing you see when you log into the NetSuite ERP. In simple words, it provides you with a general overview of your NetSuite data, the trend graphs, snapshots of various reports, and any other information which is relevant to your job. You should have a NetSuite dashboard guide in order to get things right.
Based on your responsibilities, the NetSuite dashboard would comprise various information and reports. Always remember that when you log into NetSuite, you would always be directed to the home dashboard. The home dashboard of NetSuite comprises portlets, recent data, and information, the global search console, the menu related to your favorites along the home icon.
Home Icon On NetSuite Dashboard
Note that the home icon would always bring you back to the home dashboard. You would have access to other types of NetSuite dashboards including the customer dashboard which usually depicts data. You would also find the financial dashboard. Based on how you use NetSuite, you may or may not require anything more than the home dashboard.
Roles In NetSuite Dashboard
One of the most effective ways to organize your NetSuite dashboard is to make it role-based. NetSuite login customer should have access to information which pertains to their job and not just to the organization. These personal objectives should be compared to the goals of the organization.
In simple words, a person associated with sales would be able to witness the growth of his sales over the years and a comparison of how sales overall are developing. Moreover, the managers should have information about the performance of the people working under them. In this manner, they can quickly intervene if the need arises.
KPIs In NetSuite Dashboard
It is imperative to select the KPIs carefully to make sure that you have a successful and goal-oriented dashboard. The three important KPIs you choose for meters on your dashboard would provide you with a concise view of the performance of your job.
If the main responsibility of your job is to optimize customer experience, then you require KPIs which illustrates how the standards of customer service standards are performing and well the resources are being used.
Custom Search Option In NetSuite Dashboard
When you are working with a NetSuite dashboard, it is quite simpler to develop a custom search and save that search as a shortcut on your dashboard. In simple words, this is a great way to gain quick and easy access to important data that you use all the time.
With a single click, you can have access to the latest customer information from a shortcut on your dashboard. For employees of an organization, it is imperative to keep the NetSuite dashboard careful.
Always remember that you would be staring at the dashboard most of the time. This is the reason that you should use attractive colors and graphics to make the dashboard attractive. You can even use your favorite color scheme and select KPIs that can be converted into a bright graph.
Guide To NetSuite Portlets
In case you don’t know, Portlets are small windows that would pull information into your dashboard. Always be mindful of the fact that there is a dashboard portlet for almost everything. They are also known as one of the main components of developing a customized NetSuite dashboard.
One vital thing you should notice about the NetSuite portlet is the fact that they don’t update on a real-time basis. When compared to other ERP dashboards, the portlet present in NetSuite is different. They need to be refreshed if the user is on the home dashboard for a long period of time.
All you have to do is to click the refresh button. By clicking on refresh, you would be able to update the portlets with all the latest information that has been added to NetSuite since the user first visited the home screen of the dashboard. Based on the role of the users within NetSuite, you would witness various types of portlets on your home dashboard.
These portlets could feature a different layout too. Some of the most common portlets include the quick add portlet and the navigation portlet. It is important to know about the reminders portlet too. It displays important reminders that are overdue like tasks, sales, order processing. In short, it reminds you of the important tasks which are quite great.
If you are a newbie to NetSuite and don’t see anything, you shouldn’t worry about the reminder portlets. The reminder portlet relies on the users to input records before it can assess the data. So if you haven’t set up any reminders or workflows, you shouldn’t be finding any data. When the context is about the recent records portlet, you should be aware of various aspects.
For instance, the recent records portlet provides you with a list of records that you have searched recently in NetSuite. You can also place the cursor over the recent records icon that is located on the top left corner of the main menu bar. The recent record portlet is available on every page inside NetSuite.
Note that the KPI portlet comprises the summaries of your KPIs. You should refer to the NetSuite dashboard examples to know more about the KPI portlets. It contains orders, forecasts along important financial information. You can choose between the standard KPIs from NetSuite or the standard ones commonly available.
You would also access the navigation portlet which would provide you quick links to various areas of the NetSuite ERP. Based on your responsibility, this portlet would display a varied set of links. On the other hand, you should also be aware of NetSuite saved search portlet. The sales order status portlet is one of the best examples.
To be precise, this portlet depicts various types of sales orders and can easily be filtered by date, status, sales rep, etc. If you want to sort the data, you should click the dropdown menus and filter the list. You should always remember that any filtering options that have been applied to a portlet would stay intact even if you visit another page or log out of NetSuite.
How Do I Create A Dashboard In NetSuite?
Here are some of the ways in which you can create a NetSuite KPI dashboard.
- Choose a Layout
You should go to the upper right side of the homepage and click on layout. You would see a dropdown list appear with several layouts.
- Select Content
If you want to add or erase portlets, go to the upper right-hand side of the homepage and click on personalize. The left side of the dropdown menu depicts several varieties of portlets that can be added to the dashboard.
Hover over the cursor over the upper right side of the portlet to expose the dropdown menu. You have to click set up. After the setup has been selected, various fields would appear and need configuration.
How To Publish A Dashboard In NetSuite?
The NetSuite dashboard training would help you to be aware of the various ways of publishing a dashboard in NetSuite.
Here are some of the ways through which you can publish a dashboard in NetSuite.
- Ensure that you are logged in to a role with the center type. Note that you would also require role permission to be able to publish the dashboards. You should contact the system administrator for information about grating permission.
- Configure the dashboard you want to publish. You can publish one or several tabs at a single time. This would include creating the portlets and aligning them in the manner you desire. If you are publishing a dashboard comprising a custom center tab, ensure that the roles you are publishing have access to the custom center tab.
- Find the public dashboard from the home screen in the settings portlet.
- Provide the published dashboard a name and enter dashboard-related notes.
- In the “apply to tabs link”, choose the tabs you wish to push to users with the published dashboard.
- After configuring all the settings, save them. NetSuite would now publish the dashboard to the selected roles.
Personalizing Your NetSuite Dashboard
Well, NetSuite dashboard customization is one of the important aspects. Here are some steps with which you can personalize the dashboard.
- Click on personalize located at the top right corner of the home screen
- This would open the personalize dashboard dropdown menu or the portlet menu
- Drag and drop the portlet of your choice to the screen
How Do I Add A Tile In NetSuite?
Here are some of the ways with which you can add NetSuite dashboard tiles.
- You have to navigate to setup, then dashboard tiles, manage dashboard tiles, and new.
- On the dashboard tile page, you have to specify values for fields like name, tile type, display, display order, and roles.
- On the data sub-tab, you have to specify values for fields like display value, link, prefix, and suffix.
- In the next step, you have to modify the appearance of the tile.
- Click on save
- You should repeat the same process for each dashboard.
How To Change NetSuite Dashboard Color?
To be precise, many people want to change the color of the NetSuite publish dashboard. It is quite normal that you want to customize NetSuite dashboard on the basis of your preferences. If you want to change the color scheme, you should simply click on the home icon of your dashboard. After that, you have to navigate to the set preferences menu. From there you would be able to alter the color scheme by clicking on the appearances menu.
3 Best Practices For Getting The Most Out Of Your NetSuite Dashboard
There is no denying the fact that the NetSuite sales dashboard is quite comprehensive in nature. You have to be aware of the best practices to get the most out of the NetSuite dashboard. Here are some of the best practices that you should be aware of.
Go For Free SuiteApp Bundles
Well, some of the favorite app bundles are the dashboard tiles, application and performance monitoring along with subsidiary navigator. Once you have installed all these, they usually show up as selections for the customized portlet in the system.
Always Prefer Using In-Line Editing To Create New Menus
Well, saved searches and lists are great for keeping track of the company data. You have to check whether the list or saved search has pencil icons at the top of their column. If the pencil icon is present, you should click into rows to edit the information straight from the dashboard. A majority of lists also provide you access to develop a new menu.
Publish And Reuse Your Best Dashboards
If you are the admin, you will have the freedom to customize dashboards and share them. Quite interestingly, you can even go for NetSuite vendor dashboard change. This is quite excellent for keeping the continuity in your organization.
Changing a Published Dashboard
Here are some of the ways in which you change the NetSuite CRM dashboard.
- You have to log into the role you created and published the dashboard.
- Update the dashboards which have been published in other roles earlier
- Click on home, then settings, and then list to publish the dashboard
- If you want the dashboard to be applied to other roles, click on the edit
- You have to apply updated dashboards to preferred roles on the apply to roles sub-tab
- Save and update the content
Publishing A Dashboard To Different Roles
Usually, you should go for NetSuite consultants to know more about dashboards as they have extensive language. Here is how you can publish a dashboard to various roles.
- Log in with the role you were using when you first published the dashboard
- Implement changes to one or more pages that are tabbed and save the settings
- Go to the home page, and then in the settings tab, click on the option named list located next to publish a dashboard
- Click on edit that is next to the dashboard you have just changed
- On the apply to roles option, you can apply your altered dashboard to the dashboard of the users
How To Apply Changes To Published Dashboards?
It is worth mentioning here that NetSuite end user training provider would be the best option for you to master the various aspects related to dashboards. Here are some of the ways with the help of which you can apply the changes to the published dashboards.
- You have to log into the role with which you published the dashboard
- Update the dashboards that have been published formerly in the other NetSuite roles
- The clock on home, then settings, and then on the list located next to publish the dashboard
- Just next to the dashboard, you would find apply to other roles on which you have to click
- You have to apply updated dashboards to preferred roles on the “apply to roles sub-tab.” You would find a box within the override existing user’s settings that would permit you to select each role you want to apply
- Click on save and exit
NetSuite Dashboard Customization
When the context is about customization of dashboards in NetSuite, you would have access to various methods. In case you don’t know, a dashboard is a summary of the tabbed pages in NetSuite. On NetSuite, you can customize dashboards on the basis of business roles and responsibilities. NetSuite also allows the users to personalize their dashboard with the help of portlets.
Here is the list of options with which you can customize the dashboard.
- KPI Meter
- KPI Scorecard
- Custom Portlet
- Custom Search
- Trend Graphics
So as you can see, there are various aspects of customizing the NetSuite dashboard which can be difficult for you to manage in real-time. By opting for a NetSuite Implementation partner, you can ensure that your dashboard stays intact and organized to a great extent.